George Dafnis, President
As we come to the end of the first year of the New Millennium, I wish to offer my thanks to all of members of the AHEPA who have assisted in so many projects throughout the year. The latest one, of course, being a fund raiser for the victims of September 11th combined with our Oxi Day Celebration. Again, it is by working together that we're able to bring about the greatest success of our organization.
The next effort of the AHEPA is the Annual Scholarship Awards. You will find in this issue of the bulletin, the requirements for each applicant. If you're interested, and I hope that all of you who are high school seniors or those of you who are currently enrolled in a college or university, will take this scholarship seriously and apply for the help that is being offered. If you wish to apply, please contact me and I will give you the application. You may call me at (909) 822-0633. Remember, the deadline is March 1, 2002.
Looking ahead to the new year, I would like to share the following information with you:
1. Mid-Winter Conference - The Mid-Winter Conference of our district will be held in Long Beach, hosted by the Long Beach Chapter #345. The date for the conference is February 9, 2002.
2. Annual Visitation - On Cheese Fare Sunday, the District Officers will be making their annual visitation to our chapter on Cheese Fare Sunday, March 17, 2002.
3. St. Elias Festival - Annually, our chapter is heavily involved in the preparation of and in working the St. Elias Festival. The Festival has been set for June 1 & 2, 2002.
4. District Convention - In mid-June, San Diego will be hosting the District Convention. Further information of this event will be sent to you as it is made available.
5. National Convention - Due to the events of September 11, 2001, AHEPA had to change its plans for the annual convention, which was supposed to be held in Athens, but instead, it will be held in New York City. I will be forwarding more information as it becomes available to me.
6. American Cuisine - Again in September, we will set a date for our Annual American Cuisine Outing after church. This will be held on the church grounds as it has in the past and we hope for all of your participation.
7. Oxi Day - In the year 2002, Oxi Day will be observed on October 26. Mark your calendars so that you will be available to join in this annual event of the AHEPA.
8. AHEPA Annual Christmas Party - It is not too early to set the date for the Christmas party of our AHEPA Chapter for the year 2002. Take out your pencils and your calendars and mark down "AHEPA Christmas Party, December 10, 2002"
I hope that all of us will be able to keep these dates open for all of the events of the AHEPA for as I said, it is only by working together that we can be as effective as we can be.
On behalf of the officers and the members of our AHEPA Chapter #302, I wish to offer our sincerest and warmest wishes for a happy and safe & healthy New Year.